NC Strong Rally Backstage Contest
Josh Stein for North Carolina
Meet Josh Stein & Gov Roy Cooper Backstage!
Important: Please read these Official Rules before entering this online contest (the “Contest”).
By participating in the Contest, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and represent that you satisfy all of the eligibility requirements below. NO PURCHASE, PAYMENT, OR FINANCIAL CONTRIBUTION OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS CONTEST.
- CONTEST VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
- CONTEST OPEN ONLY TO UNITED STATES RESIDENTS WHO ARE UNITED STATES CITIZENS AND LAWFUL PERMANENT U.S. RESIDENTS WHO ARE OVER THE AGE OF 18 (OR THE AGE OF MAJORITY IF OVER 18 UNDER APPLICABLE LAW).
IF YOU DO NOT MEET ANY OF THESE REQUIREMENTS, OR ANY OTHER ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS IN THESE OFFICIAL RULES, YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO WIN A PRIZE, AND THE TEXAS ORGANIZING PROJECT PAC (“Josh Stein for North Carolina”) RESERVES THE RIGHT NOT TO AWARD PRIZES TO YOU.
- To be eligible to win the prize, entries must be completed and received by Sponsor in the format designated below.
- Directors, officers and employees of Sponsor and any of their respective affiliate agents, professional advisors, advertising and contest agencies, and immediate families of each are not eligible to win any prizes.
- All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
- Disclaimer. Sponsor, all participating sponsors and any of their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, professional advisors, employees and agencies (collectively, the “Released Parties”) will not be responsible for:
- Any late, lost, misrouted, garbled or distorted or damaged transmissions or entries;
- Telephone, electronic, hardware, software, network, Internet, or other computer- or communications-related malfunctions or failures;
- Any Contest disruptions, injuries, losses or damages caused by events beyond the control of Sponsor or by non-authorized human intervention; or
- Any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Contest.
- Contest Period. The Contest starts at 6:00 p.m. (all times Eastern Time) on October 4, 2023 and ends at 11:59 p.m. on October 6, 2023 (the “Contest Period”). All entries must be received during the Contest Period to be eligible to win a prize.
- Prizes and Criteria. Three winners will receive the following prize: A backstage meeting with Governor Roy Cooper and Attorney General Josh Stein at their upcoming NC Strong Rally in Raleigh.
- Odds; Taxes; Etc.
- Odds of winning a prize depend on the number and quality of eligible entries received. ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL TAXES ASSOCIATED WITH THE RECEIPT OR USE OF ANY PRIZE ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF WINNER.
- All prizes will be awarded. The prize may be forfeited and awarded to an alternative winner if the Winner Affidavit and Release materials, if requested, (see below) are not returned as required by winner or if two (2) attempts to contact winner by phone and/or e-mail are not successful.
- Prizes are not transferable. No substitutions or exchanges of any prizes will be permitted, except that Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value for any prize.
- Limit one prize per household or address. All prizes are awarded “AS IS” and WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, express or implied (including, without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose).
- Identity of Entrant. In the event of a dispute about the identity of the entrant, entries made online will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry.
- An authorized account holder is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
- The potential winner may be required to provide Sponsor with proof that the potential winner is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the winning entry.
- How to Enter. Participants may enter (and receive an “Entry” into the Contest) as follows:
- Donation Method: We are asking for people to take the following actions: Donate to the campaign, here.
No donation is necessary to enter. Entering via the donation method will not increase your chances of winning the Prize.
- Free Alternative Entry Method: To enter via the free alternative entry method, click here and complete and submit an online entry form during the Promotion Period.
- For All Entry Methods: Failure to submit all required information in the manner required in these Official Rules and/or any entry or contribution form may result in disqualification. Proof of contribution or online entry will not be deemed to be proof of receipt of entry by Sponsor. All entrants and entries are subject to verification by Sponsor. Entries will not be acknowledged or returned. By entering the Contest, you consent to being placed on an e-mail mailing list for contest purposes, and other purposes.
- Promotion Rules. The winners will be selected from all eligible entries on October 8, 2023. The Winners will be notified shortly thereafter. To claim the Prize, winners should follow the instructions and comply with the conditions contained in his/her notification. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entrant in its sole discretion.
- General Release. By entering the Promotion, you release Sponsor and all Released Parties from any liability whatsoever, and waive any and all causes of action, related to any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Promotion or delivery, misdelivery, acceptance, possession, use of or inability to use any prize (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light, whether intentional or unintentional), whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty or other theory.
- Campaign Finance Compliance. You represent and warrant that all equipment, materials and facilities used to enter the Contest are owned by you and were not provided by a foreign national.
- Use of Winner Name, Likeness, Etc.
- Except where prohibited by law, entry into the Contest constitutes permission to use each winner’s name, hometown, likeness and/or prize information, without limitation, for contest purposes without further permission or compensation.
- As a condition of being awarded any prize, except where prohibited by law, each winner may be required to execute a consent to the use of his or her name, hometown, likeness and/or prize information, without limitation, for contest purposes without further permission or compensation.
- Affidavit & Release; Background Security Check.
- As a condition of being awarded any prize, each winner may be required to execute and deliver to Sponsor a signed affidavit of eligibility and acceptance of these Official Rules and release of liability, and any other legal, regulatory, or tax-related documents required by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
- Sponsor may, at its option, conduct a background check on each potential winner. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any person from receiving any prize based on such background check if Sponsor determines, in its sole discretion, that awarding any prize to such potential winner could result in a safety or security risk to any person or persons, could result in the disruption of any event associated with the Contest, or for any other reason as determined by the Sponsor.
- Winner List; Rules Request.
- For a copy of the winner list, visit joshstein.org/nc-strong-contest or send a stamped, self-addressed, business-size envelope after October 8, 2023 to Sponsor at the address listed below, Attn: “NC STRONG RALLY CONTEST” Winner List.
- To obtain a copy of these Official Rules, joshstein.org/nc-strong-contest or send a stamped, self-addressed business-size envelope to Sponsor at the address listed below, Attn: “NC STRONG RALLY CONTEST” Rules Request. Residents of VT may omit return postage.
- Intellectual Property Notice. The Contest and all accompanying materials are copyright © 2023 by Josh Stein for North Carolina. All rights reserved.
- The Contest and these Official Rules will be governed, construed and interpreted under the laws of North Carolina, United States of America, without regard to its or any other jurisdiction’s choice of law provisions.
- Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects.
- Any provision of these Official Rules deemed unenforceable will be enforced to the extent permissible, and the remainder of these Official Rules will remain in effect.
- Sponsor reserves the right to change these Official Rules at any time, in its sole discretion, and to suspend or cancel the Contest or any entrant’s participation in the Contest should viruses, bugs, unauthorized human intervention or other causes beyond Sponsor’s control affect the administration, security or proper play of the Contest, or Sponsor otherwise becomes (as determined in its sole discretion) incapable of running the Contest as planned.
- Entrants who violate these Official Rules, violate any law, rule or regulation in connection with participation in the Contest, tamper with the operation of the Contest or engage in any conduct that is detrimental or unfair to Sponsor, the Contest or any other entrant (in each case as determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion) are subject to disqualification from entry into the Contest.
- Sponsor reserves the right to lock out persons whose eligibility is in question or who have been disqualified or are otherwise ineligible to enter the Contest.
- If you have any questions about these Official Rules or the Contest, please e-mail them to firstname.lastname@example.org or send written questions to the address listed below, Attn: “NC STRONG RALLY CONTEST” Questions.
- Sponsor: Josh Stein for North Carolina, P.O. Box 1326, Raleigh NC 27602.